International Winter Bazaar 2016

Good afternoon, everyone! So, at last Sunday, 27 November 2016, at Astoria Hotel, my friends and I went to an event named "International Winter Bazaar 2016". It was a bazaar when several countries participated in it.
And we, Indonesian, of course we are participated in it. Some of my friends come forward to show Indonesia traditional dance from Borneo named Jepen. Background story of the dance is mostly represents daily life of people who live around Mahakam river in Borneo. It has a great background story.

International Winter Bazaar. As we know bazaar is a named of event where there are many people selling their product, just like a market. But it's not market, it's different. Here, people from certain countries selling their "main" product, like foods, souvenirs, drinks. But mostly foods :)

Certain countries that participated were Italy, Netherlands, France, Norway, Indonesia, Finland, Germany, Japan, Korea, United States, India, Czech Republic, Switzerland, and many more. I already forgot the other countries. And they sold so many things. For example, France sold their famous croissant, Netherlands sold cheeses and mini-pancakes, Korea sold I don't know the name but I think it's Bulgogi, and of course Indonesia sold Tumpeng as main food.

A little crowded but maybe could give you an imagination about the bazaar :)
So, I decided to try some foods and also I'm already starved. First food is mini-pancakes and free cheese from Netherlands. It looks like ordinary pancakes but they add some sugar powder and it tasted SO GOOD. So do the free cheese, they said that they brought it directly from Netherlands.

 And second, I tried Norway's waffle. It also looks like ordinary waffle, actully i don't know it was my first time to ate waffle, but I added some almonds, raisins, strawberry jam, and a thing like cheese original from Norway. They sold drinks too, I don't know what drink it was, maybe Norway wine, I smelled cinnamon on it, so strong.

Third, I tried Korean foods. Maybe it was bulgogi :) It was SO GOOD TOO. It was meats with carrots and onions. After that, they added some sauces in it. This is also my first time ate Korean foods. But, it truly tasted very very good that made me wanna eat all of them. Nah, just kidding ;)

After I ate Korean food, I thought that I couldn't eat anymore but I want to but I couldn't. So sad. So I decided to bought a drink, and I bought a green tea ordinary from Japan. The tea was sour and hot. Very hot. So I had to wait for it to a little bit warm. Why I bought green tea? I don't know, I just bought it. Followed by my-food-instinct :(

Well, it was a nice event. I'm happy because the performances were great, especially my friends, they were great, and of course because of the bazaar :) From home to the hotel, I'm not eating anything in purpose so I hoped that I could taste all the foods there, but i couldn't :(

So, I think that's all I wanna share this time. See you on my next post. Have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments